Friday, April 9, 2010

Time to share some flower love.





Been doing floristry for 4 or 5 years now. Fell into it after I realised if I was going to drop out of uni then I'd better have a dam good excuse for my parents who'd spent lots of $$$ to send me there. So one Saturday morning, one coffee, one newspaper, one jobs section, one phone call and 20 cigarettes later I was signed up for an interview the following tuesday.





Since then I've enjoyed a long and beautiful relationship with pretty much anything that can set roots in the ground.





Below is one of my favourites; Fig Branches, White Tulips, Red Celosia, Blue Hydrangea and Burgundy Dahlias. After making this particular vase, I went on to make a smaller Dahlia vase for the very beautiful and talented Sia, who was playing a gig across the road from my work. Yes I name dropped, it's my only bragging right and I'm calling it. Ner.

The next little gem is a vase of Tulips, Roses & Hyacinths, for an engagement party morning tea.









No comments:

Post a Comment