Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mothers Group

Had mothers group yesterday, our first. So my dreams of entering this group looking a like a perfectly respectable young mum were totally shattered.

I had to work beforehand and had exactly 1/2 hour to drive home (20minute drive) feed Austin, Change Austin, Pack nappy bag, Pack car and haul ass to the centre, So consequently arrived in a frantic mess with my make-up all but gone and hair every which way. Nice.

I'd like to say it was great, but in actual fact it was just really..awkward. You could practically see the judgement and smugness walking around the room, patting some on the back and smacking others around the head. Some ladies were just plain RUDE.

It wasn't all terrible, some ladies were lovely.

I don't know if we'll be lifelong friends. It would have been nice to meet someone I 'clicked' with. Gets lonely not having close Friends with babes. I can see peoples interest literally 'click' off as soon as I start talking about anything remotely related to Austin or kids in general. Although who am I kidding...I'm not really that interested in talking about anything else.




No comments:

Post a Comment